CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All Good Things Must Come To An End I Guess (Or Do They?)


Last Saturday night the rules changed in my house. Tommy is allowed to spend nights at my house in my bedroom and he did. We stayed up late watching movies together. The next day we went out to lunch and a movie at the mall. We even did a bit of shopping. It was while we were shopping that Tommy made a comment that kind of hurt.

I hadn't seen him for a couple of weeks prior to this because he had other plans with his friends. I had no problem with this and never said anything except for him to have a good time. It didn't bother me at all. What Tommy said while we were shopping did hurt me though and it isn't the first time he has made hurtful comments to me.

This particular comment did hurt though more than any of them. He said that because of me, he no longer had time for his friends and that his friends miss him. This floored me because I never stopped him from spending time with his friends. I never even complained about it. He went on to say that because of the time he spends with me, which I thought he wanted to do because us getting together was always his idea, he can't do the things he wants with his friends. I pretended I wasn't hurting because there was no way I was going let Tommy see me cry. I pretended to be happy as you can see in the picture attached to this blog entry.

Since he left here Sunday night he has not called me and the only thing I have gotten from him is just a few text messages and only after I text messaged him first. This morning I sent him a text message I told him that I have noticed he is being distant with me and that I felt used, as if he had gotten what he wanted out of me Saturday night and that it is hard for me to trust him now. His response back to me was that he has not been distant, but has been really confused lately and that we will talk after work.

Before Saturday night we used to talk on the phone every night. He would even call and tell me goodnight. That has all come to a stop. I am leaving the ball in his court from here on out. If we talk about this after work as he says, then he will have to contact me first. He's going to have to be the one to make this right. I have been the one giving my all to him (including giving up my religion to make him happy) and getting nothing in return for it. I'm tired of it. I don't know how much more I can take of this. I just know that it is going to take a good long time for me to trust again, if I ever do.

0 comments: