CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Singing In Public

The one thing I swore up and down I would never do is sing in public. I thought that I would never have to. I guess dating a guy who plays bass guitar and sings lead in a band changes all that. The bottom line is, I can't sing. I hate the thought making a fool of myself in public.

As it turns out, on July 24th, Tommy is coming to get me and he is taking me out for a bbq dinner at a small family run and operated restaurant over in Vacaville. After that we are going to this dive bar to sing karaoke. I said, "I will go listen to you and everyone else sing, but I will never sing in public."

Tommy has been trying to convince me I need to sing at least one song and I have been fighting him on it. Last night we were on the phone and he asked me what he can do to convince me to sing that night. I thought about it and I finally said that if he gets me as drunk as possible, I will get up on stage and sing a song. He says it's a deal, so there is no backing out now.

Besides, if I am drinking, he will drink too. He has to work the next morning and if he gets real drunk, he can't drive and he will have to spend the night with me and drive to work from my house, so I will benefit from it in the end.

0 comments: